The latest addition to Bagthorpe Farm is our bespoke wooden cabin, The Woodcock. Lovingly hand-built, with interiors sourced from local antique shops, the cabin is set in a rolling five-acre field where you can escape from busy daily life and enjoy the best of what Norfolk has to offer naturally.
From the moment you arrive, we promise you comfort in abundance. The tastefully-decorated cabin has a hand-crafted king-size bed, flushing loo and roll top bath (for the more brave, there’s also an outdoor shower!). The wood-burning stoves mean you’ll be toasty in the colder months and never without hot water all year round. Being an organic farm and having a love for cooking, we have made sure there’s a fully-equipped kitchen to prepare that all-important glamping feast.
Beyond the bifold doors is your own private deck from which you can enjoy the local wildlife - there are hares, owls, oyster catchers, deer, pheasant and partridge to be spotted. As dusk falls, you can light the fire pit, wrap up in one of the throws provided and enjoy the huge skies that Norfolk is so famed for.
- King-size bed with extra quilt and blankets for chillier evenings. All bed linen and towels are provided.
- Camping Gas Stove - wood, kindling and paper supplied for getting the stoves going.
- BBQ plus all BBQ utensils.
- Cool Box, with ice packs which can be swapped during your stay.
- The kitchen has a large butler sink; crockery, cutlery, pots and pans; a selection of tea and coffee; basic condiments - sugar, salt and pepper, oil for cooking (fresh herbs grow outside on the decking).
- There is no electricity but you have lots of candles and lanterns (full moons and stars!)
- Cold running water – water can be heated using a wood-burning stove or the kettle on the camping gas stove.
- Flushing loo.
- Board games, cards, cookery books and novels.
- The Bagthorpe Larder
In the heart of our organic farm in North West Norfolk, The Woodcock is the perfect place to enjoy nature, tranquility and beautiful walks and only a short drive from the famous big skies of the North Norfolk coast and its nearby market towns.Head to Brancaster, Thornham, Holkham, Wells next the Sea, for miles of sandy beaches or choose one of the beautiful stately homes to visit, we're only 3 miles from Houghton Hall, 9 miles from Sandringham and 12 miles from Holkham Hall.