The Oyster Catcher - a striking pair of white, canvas-clad biodomes in the midst of our expansive farmland - is the perfect spot to recharge batteries, especially for those seeking a touch of luxury on their camping trip.
The main dome has been thoughtfully furnished with a large - and very comfortable - king-size bed, snuggly duvet and wood-burning stove to keep you cosy under canvas. The second dome has been divided (by a wooden wall) into a fully-equipped kitchen and a bathroom, which has a flushing loo and freestanding bath - a wood-burning stove heats up the water for that all-important candlelit soak.
The domes are set on your own private wooden deck, which offers picture-perfect views of the charming Norfolk countryside by day and a magical display of shooting stars at night.
- King-size bed with extra quilt and blankets for chillier evenings. All bed linen and towels are provided.
- Camping Gas Stove - wood, kindling and paper supplied for getting the stoves going.
- BBQ plus all BBQ utensils.
- Cool Box, with ice packs which can be swapped during your stay.
- The kitchen has a large butler sink; crockery, cutlery, pots and pans; a selection of tea and coffee; basic condiments - sugar, salt and pepper, oil for cooking (fresh herbs grow outside on the decking).
- There is no electricity but you have lots of candles and lanterns (full moons and stars!)
- Cold running water – water can be heated using a wood-burning stove or the kettle on the camping gas stove.
- Flushing loo.
- Board games, cards, cookery books and novels.
- The Bagthorpe Larder
Situated close to the North Norfolk Coast the Oyster Catcher is the perfect base for bird-watching, beach walks, seal-watching, visiting the historic houses of Sandringham, Houghton and Holkham, enjoying Norfolk’s many amazing foodie pubs or simply relaxing in the peace and quiet of Bagthorpe.